Google Inks Nonmonetary Deal To End Virus-Tracing App Suit

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on reddit

By Dave Simpson (May 9, 2022, 6:55 PM EDT) — Google has agreed to keep in place security measures it previously enacted to end a proposed privacy class action claiming that a COVID-19 contact-tracing tool was exposing unwitting Android users’ sensitive personal information, the users said in a bid for preliminary approval of the nonmonetary deal.

Jonathan Diaz and Lewis Bornmann said in their California federal court motion Friday that Google has confirmed that security changes it enacted in April and May 2021 were addressing the same vulnerabilities raised in their April 2021 complaint.

“These measures, as confirmed by plaintiffs’ consulting expert, would prevent the alleged logging and collection of personally…

Read more

Explore the site

More from the blog

Latest News