Welcome to the
CyberIQs Knowledge Centre

Notifications
Clear all

CCAK certificate worth it?

RSS

Topic starter

Hi, anyone who has sit the exam can provide a review of the certificate? Is it worth it? What are the areas covered by this exam and cert?

Topic Tags
3 Answers

ISACA has a big name and so perhaps the CCAK will gain recognition quickly in the controls assessment world. It would probably be a nice addition to the CISA to give a “cloud flavor”. CCAK, as the K comes from Knowledge, and this type of exam represents the foundation to prepare to earn additional cloud credentials. These types of exams won't require experience in the fields covered. Also, I found that other people make a difference between certification and certificate, in terms of CPE necessity, membership organization, etc. Certification\certificates are more-or-less secondary. It's the knowledge gained and how it's applied that is of the most value.

Yes, the CCAK is a cert worth having. It is still early days for the CCAK though as it has been recently released. The cert is specifically useful to auditors and consultants, and it focuses around the CSA control matrix, how to audit cloud deployments and general GRC practices in the cloud.

It will take some time for this cert to take off in the market; however the learning is very valuable and relevant in a world transitioning to cloud services. There's no other cert that covers these topics.

I recently passed the exam and all I can say is that the amount of knowledge you will gain from this certificate is decent. Keep in mind though that this certificate is highly focused around auditing cloud deployment and vendors, so it will not fit everybody in the industry.If you are a consultant,  auditor or work in the GRC space then CCAK is very valuable for you as a professional.

Share: